Effective Date: May 1, 2021
Scope of Policy
In this Policy, a “User” may be either a Customer, Host or a Participant. A “Customer” is the person (typically, an entity or organization) that has subscribed to our Service. A “Host” is a person, such as an employee or independent contractor of the Customer, to whom the Customer has given the authority to host meetings and use other Services on the Energy Knect website. A “Participant” is a person who has access to or uses the Services, other than a Host. A Participant is bound by this Policy, but is not entitled to the rights and privileges of a Customer or Host. A person who is a Host may also access and use the Services but in that capacity will be a Participant rather than a Host. A “person” is an individual or any type of legal entity. You represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Policy, on behalf of yourself and/or the entity that you represent for purposes of such access and use.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and use our Services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site
- Through your use of our Services, such as information you and other Users communicate, share, display, or send through the Services (collectively, “Content”)
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy
This Policy does not apply to information we collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Energy Knect or any third party. It also does not apply to any third party, including through any application, advertising or other content, that may link to or be accessible from or on this Site.
This Policy also does not apply to persons that are not affiliated with Energy Knect, meaning persons that Energy Knect does not own or control, and persons that are not under common control with Energy Knect. Importantly, we do not control Users of our Services, including other Participants in communications you may have using the Services. We do not obtain control over persons merely by accepting registration of them as Users of the Services during a Host’s session. A Customer and/or Host, therefore, is an unaffiliated third party that receives and could collect such information in a manner that is beyond our control. Similarly, a Host must provide Participants with the means to identify a particular Host for a particular session in connection with requests for participation in that Host’s particular session, and such Participants are third parties unaffiliated with Energy Knect who could record that information.
If you are a Host or Participant who uses our Site or Services through rights granted by a Customer (such as your employer, school, or other organization), or if you are a Participant who uses our Services at the invitation of a Host, then your relationship is with the Customer that holds the account with us. That Customer controls its account through which you use our Services, and is the data controller that determines and administers processing of your Content under its privacy policies. If you have questions about how and why your Content is collected, the legal basis for processing, or the storage, access, modification, retention, use, and deletion of your Content, please refer to that Customer’s privacy policies and direct your inquiries to the Customer or its administrator.
GDPR Compliance statement and principles
Energy Knect is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
Energy Knect takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously. Our principles for processing personal information are;
- We will process all personal information fairly and lawfully
- We will only process personal information for specified and lawful purposes
- Where practical, we will keep personal information up to date
- We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary
- Store data securely in an encrypted form
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about Users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, your profession, your company, your professional bio and any other information that you voluntarily give us when you register on the site, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the site, such as online chat, group chats and video meetings. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the website.
- If you choose to purchase a product from us, we or our third party payment processors may collect your payment information.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (this information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies that our server automatically collect)
- From third parties, for example, persons with whom we have a business relationship
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information about the people and groups you are connected to through our Services, such as teams you have joined or created and people you have messaged.
- Information about the Content you create (metadata), such as the time that particular Content was created, and from which session that Content was created.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site and use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We use this information to help improve our Site and Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site and Services to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies – local stored objects used to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons – small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Special Note Regarding Content
You may transmit or display Content – which may include personal and other information about yourself – to other Users with whom you are communicating though the Services. And other Users may transmit or display Content about them to you. Content includes information such as messages you send, information you post, audio/video content you send to others, files, chat logs, and transcripts, and any other information you may upload while using the Services.
Although we collect the Content that Users create and transmit, this Content is owned by the Customer that provided the User with access credentials or other permissions as a User. We do not control Customers, and we use Content only in connection with providing the Services. We do not monitor, sell or use Content for any other purposes.
Your Content is owned by and is subject to the policies and procedures of the Customer that permitted you to access the Services. You disclose, publish or display Content at your own risk. Although you or the Customer giving you access to the Services may set certain privacy settings for Content by logging into your account profile, please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons or used for unauthorized purposes.
personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any
questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Use By Children
Energy Knect does not knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to be a Customer and sign up for their own accounts. But individuals under the age of 18 may use our Service when invited to join a meeting hosted by a User, Customer or Host who is 18 or older. In that event, the User, Customer or Host of the meeting is responsible for obtaining any parental or other consent necessary for use of the Services under their accounts. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without parental or other legal consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without such consent, please contact us at:
24 Holborn Viaduct, EC1A 2BN
London, United Kingdom
By Telephone: +44(0)203 723 3689
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you or others provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Fulfill any purpose for which you provide it, including to perform or provide the service for which you provided the information.
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services and for internal or other business purposes (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes)
- Provide you with information that you request from us
- Provide customer support
- Track and evaluate your use of the Site and Services
- Communicate with you about your account, profile or transactions with us, or changes to our policies or terms
- Send you information about features, enhancements, and/or changes on or to our Services, such as offers or other communications about special or promotional events, or services, products, or events for which we collaborate or co-offer with a third party
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site and Services.
- In any other way we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of your desire to opt out of such correspondence.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers; target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We do not rent or sell your nonpublic personal information in the ordinary course of our business to any nonaffiliated third party.
With respect to personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy, we will only disclose it:
- To a Host or Customer (including to the Customer’s network administrator), or to others as directed by the Customer
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are required to limit their use and disclosure of such information to the purpose for which they are engaged
- To a buyer of our business or other successor (by merger, sale of stock, restructuring, or other transfer of assets), whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information we hold about our Users is among the assets transferred
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent
- As may be permitted or required by applicable law
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Energy Knect, our customers, or others, including for Site security, fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To a third party that alleges that the content infringes any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, violates any right of publicity or privacy, or is otherwise illegal
Data Security and Retention
Our Sites incorporate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including the use of encryption, firewalls, limited access and other controls where appropriate. These measures are described at https://www.energyknect.com/security. However, any of these physical, electronic, and administrative procedures can be bypassed or hacked and we do not guarantee complete security of your personal information or other data. We are not responsible or liable for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping any password or other access credentials confidential. You should also be cautious about providing other
Users with your personal information, and we have no control over, and we are not responsible or liable for, how other Users may use or disclose your information. We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, preventing fraud, and enforcing our agreements. For example, some of the registration information cannot be completely deleted because that information may be required to send you necessary communications and notices even after your account is terminated. Because these factors vary for different types of personal information, actual retention periods may vary. If you are a Participant, your information is subject to the data retention policies of the Customer that controls the account.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . If we have
sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other any other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
a) Noting your preferences at the time your register your account with the Site
b) Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences
c) Contacting us using the contact information provided below
24 Holborn Viaduct, EC1A 2BN, London, United Kingdom
By Telephone: +44(0)203 723 3689
You also have no opportunity to opt out of protocols which are part of the function of the Site and that are likely to disclose some personal information about you to third parties not affiliated with Energy Knect. For example, your browser must provide an IP address to exchange communications, and it is an essential part of the functional protocol for hosted meetings using the Services that the Host is supplied
with a valid user name and a valid, functional email address (and sometimes additional personal identification information) for each person who requests participation in a Host's session so that the Host can exercise a right of consent to each participant.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Customers can review and change personal information by logging into the Site and visiting the applicable account profile and settings page. Other Users should contact the administrator for the account of the Customer that provides you with access to the Services in order to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided. In any event, copies of Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or may have been copied or stored by other Users.
We will post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that you review and this Policy to check for any changes.
You may contact us about confidentiality or security issues at firstname.lastname@example.org